In addition to the Basic features of a WMS such as goods-receiving, storage, warehouse control, picking, retrieval and issuing of goods, other features play an important role when selecting a warehouse management system:
- A modern warehouse management system must interface seamlessly with internal corporate systems as well as external ERP systems.
- With a modular design, the system can be configured to suit the customer, and is implemented in a modern, object-oriented programming language.
- Seamless integration with any database system.
- XML as a preferred format for exchange of data.
- A detailed display of all information and processes in the warehouse is equally as important as the template and context-sensitive help.
- Management of article numbers, article descriptions, storage strategies and information regarding dimensions.
- An overview of the warehouse, including re-order levels, order quantities and replenishments. Use of replacement or substitute articles.
- User interface features such as "Copy & Paste", "Drill-down", "Drag & Drop" and shortcuts.
- Remote and on-site support available